Sighthound Festival Donaueschingen 2012
Judges Panel (PDF 0,1 MB, Acrobat Reader required)
Invitation 2012 (PDF 0,1 MB, Acrobat Reader required)
Entry 2012 (PDF 2,3 MB, Acrobat Reader required) or Online Entry
20th Sighthound Festival at the Donaueschingen Polo Club - you are cordially invited!
"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest sighthound of all?" Thus titles the press when reporting on the Sighthound Festival at Donaueschingen. The local paper headlines: "Sighthound week-end, marvellous!" The American "Sighthound Reviewâ€œ is enthusiastic about the "world class Sighthound event - now apparently the top Sighthound event in Europe (perhaps the world?)". Therefore be part of it with your sighthound or mediterranian breed! This year's special: New title in competiton - Dual Winner Donaueschingen (Show & Coursing) in cooperation with the international Lure Coursing Schaffhausen / Switzerland on Sunday, Juli 28th..
Arrive on Friday and enjoy the fringe events:
- Discover historic sites of the picturesque Black Forest town of Donaueschingen. Enjoy the midsummer atmosphere at the Donaueschingen palace garden and visit the historical Danube spring in a guided tour offered to you and your dog on Friday evening.
- Get Together SummerParty on Friday night. Enjoy dance music, exquisite catering and cool drinks!
- Experience the unique atmosphere at Eukanuba Super Best in Show Challenge on Saturday night with only BIS- and Group winners competing under floodlight.
- Greyhound National Speciality
- 1st International Progeny Group Competition Donaueschingen for all breeds
- NEW: Dual Winner Donaueschingen 2013 - Show and Coursing in cooperation with the International Coursing at Schaffhausen / Switzerland on Sunday, July 28th. (additional entry at www.ostschweizer-windhundfreunde.ch - maximum number of entrants: 120!)
The pre-registration is opened since Friday afternoon. So you may start the show weekend relaxed by avoiding waiting at the registration desk. Show your sighthound or mediterranianian breed in extra large show rings with a perfectly well-kept green at the horse riding stadium of the Polo Club. We are expecting exhibitors, guests and sale boothes from all over Europe and are looking forward to meeting you and your sighthound when it is time again for the German Sighthound Association and the international judging committee to say: Welcome to the Sighthound Festival at Donaueschingen, willkommen in Donaueschingen, bienvenue à Donaueschingen!
PDF-file (1,8 MB,
Acrobat Reader required)
or online version
World-class coverage of a world-class Sighthound event
"Sighthound festival, marvellous" the local press is reporting (Schwarzwaldbote). "World-class coverage of a world-class Sighthound event" Sighthound Review editor-at-large Bo Bengtson shares his impressions and oberservations of the show in a detailed report. "International Sighthound Festival in Donaueschingen, Germany: "it has become increasingly international in scope and is now apparently the top Sighthound event in Europe (perhaps the wolrd ?)" (e-Sighthounds - Sighthound Review / USA)
The executive board of the German Sighthound Association express their gratitude to all club members involveldmaking the festival a highilight of the sighthound world. Many thanks to all exhibitors, judges and visitors for their attendance. We all would like to welcome you again at the next show in Donaueschingen the first weedend of August 2013¦
In a short time a complete coverage and photo gallery of this year event will be online at www.sighthound-festival.com
Right now the new video of this year's sighthound festival with the century of Irish Wolfhound breeding in Germany is online, and a complete dvd wit all highlights is planned.
The German Sighthound Association (DWZRV)
Re-live Germany's Sighthound Festival